A G R A P I C D E S I G N B L O G

Thursday 8 September 2011

5 Shows / Events / Galleries

What were the most exciting bits?


1. Jim Thompson's House 
This collection of architecture, sculpture, art and textile was a beautiful hide-away in the middle of Bangkok's busy and polluted waterways and streets. It was like a mirror of what the old Bangkok would have been like.


2. Coastal Foraging Course
I went on a two day course learning about fishing and foraging on and off the coast of Staithes, Yorkshire, England. The best bit was catching our own mackerel, cooking them, then eating them in the same afternoon.


3. Angkor Wat
Cambodia's biggest tourist attraction was one of the favourites on my list of things to do in South-East Asia. The best bits were; seeing the sun rise above the main Wat, and the great root over rock temple nearby.


4. Full Moon Party
Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand is home to the original Full Moon and Half Moon Parties held all year round. Even though I went in the low (monsoon) season there was still 30k+ people in the small town of Haadrin on the south corner of Koh Phangan. The best bit was the free glow paint and the foam party. It was like no other party i've ever been to!


5. York Races - Ebor
My best mate Hugh celebrated his 21st Birthday at York Races. The best bit was drinking champaign and buying a round of Guinness for everyone, after my mum won a cushty bet. I won nothing as usual, but had a mint day with some of my favourite people, no complaints there!

No comments:

Post a Comment